|Debut||Mixel Moon Madness|
|Last Appearance||A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig|
|Nicknames (aka)|| Mix/Murp Monkey (Flamzer)|
Noxious Mixel (Flamzer)
Good Sir (Niksput)
Little Buddy (Niksput)
The Other Chosen One (Himself)
|Special Features|| Fire breath|
|Quote||"Gotta pull the plug!"|
|Voice Actor||Jess Harnell|
Burnard finds everything hilarious, and is constantly laughing all the time, even through fear or sadness. Ironically, the best way to make him stop laughing is to tell a joke, only because he does not understand them. He is also somewhat mischievous and has a tendency to ignore warnings just for his own fun.
Burnard has a body with a head and two arms with dark red hands tapering close to the body on two long arms. He has a mouth, and two eyes connecting to the top of the jaw, with three teeth on the bottom and two longer teeth on both sides of the top. On the top of his eyes is a unibrow. He has two fiery yellow cat-like ears with horns pointing up on both sides and red highlights underneath. He has dark red feet with a reddish bottom part with one fiery yellow toe on each.
When he laughs, this unfortunately causes Burnard to spew flames from his mouth. He can also blow fire from his ears and make a lasso out of smoke.
Little is known about Burnard's past. However, at one point in time, he developed a broad sense of humor.
During a camping trip with his brothers, he neglected to pack anything (save for an Campcube), much to the annoyance of Flamzer. After accidentally setting a Forest Freeze, he Mixed with Meltus to help stop it from spreading and to save Flamzer, though they made a few Murps at first. He and his brothers were eventually abducted by the Orbitons' Ship-Space and taken to Mixel Moon. Not taking kindly to the invasion, the Infernites got into a Max battle with the Orbitons, but they later found each other friendly. During a tour of Orbitopia, he showed Niksput his smoke ring trick, impressing the Orbiton leader. This later came in handy when Burnard and Niksput Mixed to save the Orbitopia dome from breaking, though they ended up being the ones to accidentally break it in the end.
At a picnic, two Nixels stole their food, forcing him to team up with Rokit to retrieve it. When the dark side of the moon hit Orbitopia, he ended up Mixing with Nurp-Naut to defend themselves from the Glowkies, though they later turned out friendly.
Despite warnings from Globert during a cave rave, he found it too irresistible to pull the Gravity Plug. He eventually resorted to using a resistant Rokit to Mix and pull the plug anyways, sucking all the gravity out.
He, along with his brothers, eventually grew homesick and wished to return. ("Mixel Moon Madness")
Burnard had also attended a special convention with his Infernite brothers and alien tribes the Orbitons and Glowkies. At it, they competed in quite a few events. ("Mixels Convention Craze")
Burnard, at some point, received a Mixamajig Key and was one of almost all of the Mixels who searched and fought for the Mixamajig, and then captured by King Nixel. He Maxed with his branch of the Infernites in order to defeat him, and Mixopolis was revealed by the Weldos soon after. ("A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig")
- "Get your flame on! We have to stop this ice! I'll find some Cubits!" - Burnard, Mixel Moon Madness
- "Nice kick..." - Burnard, Mixel Moon Madness
- "Fun?" - Burnard, Mixel Moon Madness
- "Haha, treats, treats!" - Burnard, Mixel Moon Madness
- "I'm the other chosen one, heh heh!" - Burnard, A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig
|Packaging||Light red bag|
|No. of Pieces||58|
LEGO Shop product description
Laugh at life with fire-belching Burnard!
Burnard is a nut! This giggling fool from the magma wastelands laughs at everything. Fear is met with a nervous cackle, while sadness causes a tear-filled chortling howl. And when this zany Infernite laughs really hard, he belches fire. Probably the only thing that will stop Burnard chuckling is a funny joke – he just won’t get it!
- Features translucent flame breath and posable joints
- Collect all 3 Infernites cousins to build the red-hot MAX!
- Combine with 41528 LEGO® Mixels™ Niksput from the Orbitons tribe to create a fun new MIX!
- Go to LEGO.com/mixels for exclusive building instructions, games, animations and much more
- Watch all your favorite Mixels™ characters on Cartoon Network
- Stands over 3” (8cm) tall
- He was one of the first Series 4 Mixels revealed, and was also the first Infernite from the 2015 wave to be revealed.
- Burnard has the most Mixes among the Series 4 Mixels. As well as that, he has Mixed the most times in one episode than any other Mixel.
- He has a dark red part under his eyes in LEGO, but in the cartoon, it is normal red.
- He knows how to play the guitar.
- In cartoon form, he has one orange square on each foot, but in LEGO, there are two on each foot.
- His LEGO instructions have a mistake on his piece count page: It says he contains one transparent orange cheese slope piece, even though he actually contains six.
- He is the only Mixel who is a rideable creature in LEGO Worlds. Also, he is the first Mixels character to appear in LEGO Worlds. You can buy him for 10,000 studs. In the game, you can find him in caves, which may hint that Burnard loves to be in caves.
- At Mixopolis General Hospital in Nixel, Nixel, Go Away, he appears on an anatomy chart.
- He was the first Mixel to have more than one of him exist; though, this wasn't proven to be canonically possible until Kraw, Krog, and Skrubz appeared this way in Nixel, Nixel, Go Away.
- Hotstuff is very similar to him in design, voice, and abilities, possibly from Burnard being used as the preliminary Mixel for the background design of the Lava Lounge.
Behind the Scenes
In Burnard's original static image, he has no tongue and red legs. His eyes were originally going to be wider and larger.
Name and basis
Burnard's name is a pun on the word "burn" and the name "Bernard".
He may be based on a chameleon, as he has peripheral vision in defined eye sockets and horned extensions on his head.
Burnard was first revealed as a character in the Mixels franchise on July 24, 2014 at San Diego Comic-Con International. Both his LEGO set and cartoon artwork were shown. Alongside him were Nurp-Naut of the Orbitons and Globert of the Glowkies.
- Main article: Burnard/Gallery
Sources and References
- Products page on LEGO.com
- Character page on LEGO.com
- Instructions on LEGO.com
- Mix with Niksput instructions on LEGO.com
- Infernites Max instructions on LEGO.com
Infernites Max (2014 / 2015)
Infernite Kingdom (Volcanoville / Vulk's House) / Lava Lounge / Living Flames / Lava Slide / Bonflowers / Lavanuts
Mixel Moon Madness (Only You Can Prevent Forest Freezes, Only You! / Houston, We Have a Problem! / Crater Tots! / Things That Go Murp in the Night! / Don't Pull the Gravity Plug! / Tall Tales From Da Moon!)
Niksput and Burnard Mix