The subject of this article won the award(s) of Best Orbiton and Best Mixel of Series 4 at the Mixels Wiki Fans' Choice Awards 2015!
|Featured Article |
This article was the Featured Article of the Month, meaning it is one of the best articles on the wiki!
|Debut||Mixel Moon Madness|
|Last Appearance||Nixel, Nixel, Go Away|
|Nicknames (aka)|| |
|Special Features|| Helmet|
|Voice Actor|| |
Nurp-Naut has two personalities: Nurp, his two-eyed side, has the mind of an innocent toddler, and Naut, his cycloptic side, has the mind of a wise elder. Naut is very smart, but Naut suffers from forgetfulness that hinders this ability. He is also sometimes accident-prone. Nurp has a tendency to act like a spoiled brat when he does not get his way, and Naut has the tendency to fib on certain situations; something that Nurp will quickly call him out on along when fighting with each other sometimes.
Nurp-Naut has a white body with a black collar in the middle, and two golden triangular parts on both side. He has yellow-green arms with small golden hands, and a yellow-green underbite with two teeth pointing up. He has a grey face with one dopey eye, and a white highlight surrounding the head, and two points with red tips, and a black antenna. He has two white feet with one yellow-green toenail on each. He also has grey eyelids, and a set of two eyes and lights at the back of his body.
Nurp-Naut can fly with his jetpack. In his tantrum fits, Nurp's voice can grow to near-demonic levels of deepness. During these, when he bangs his fists, he can send out shock waves that cause large objects to lose their gravity. He has the ability to give any mix that he is in more than one personalty and voice.
Little is known about Nurp-Naut's past, however, it is known that Nurp-Naut lived with two personalities, and got into plenty of accidents.
During bedtime, Nurp demanded Rokit to tell him a bedtime story. So, he told him the story of the Glowkies, scaring him. As luck would have it, the Glowkies visited just after, causing the Orbitons to launch into a botched mission to defend themselves.
During an abduction of the Infernites via their Ship-Space, he found himself as part of a max battle to defend himself, though he and his brothers later befriended the Infernites and introduced himself and his brothers to them.
While giving a tour of Orbitopia, Nurp interrupted Naut, calling him out on lying about the safety of the dome. When Nurp threw a tantrum over not getting Crater Tots and being forced to take a nap, he ended up causing a series of events that shattered the dome.
When it seemed like the Glowkies were attacking, he teamed up with Burnard to defend himself. However, once everything was cleared up, he joined them for a cave rave.
Nurp-Naut had also attended a special convention with his Orbiton brothers, fellow alien tribe the Glowkies, and new friends, the Infernites. At it, he competed in quite a few events. ("Mixels Convention Craze")
Nurp-Naut was one of almost all of the Mixels who searched and fought for the Mixamajig, and then captured by King Nixel. He Maxed with his branch of the Orbitons in order to defeat him, and Mixopolis was revealed by the Weldos soon after. ("A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig")
Nurp-Naut is seen being overrun by Nixels when they invaded Mixopolis. ("Nixel, Nixel, Go Away")
- "Nurp want crater tot!" - Nurp, Mixel Moon Madness
- "Juice juice, me missed you! Bad Nixel!" - Nurp, Mixel Moon Madness
- "Hee, hee, hee!" - Nurp, Mixel Moon Madness
- "That's you! Silly planetoids." - Nurp, Mixel Moon Madness
- "We'll pass." - Naut, Mixel Moon Madness
- "Tell the kid a story!" - Naut, Mixel Moon Madness
- "We assume they want to steal our souls and eat our entrails." - Naut, Mixel Moon Madness
- "I just made a meteor in my spacesuit!" - Naut, Mixel Moon Madness
|No. of Pieces||52|
LEGO Shop product description
See both sides of life with two-faced Nurp-Naut!
Two-faced Nurp-Naut is both the baby and the elder of the Orbitons tribe. This split personality has one face with the innocent eyes of a toddler, and another with the all-seeing cyclops eye of a know-it-all elder. And if he wasn’t so forgetful, his flashes of wisdom might be more use to his tribe mates. It’s lucky Nurp-Naut has a helmet, too, because that spinning head often causes this accident-prone Mixel to spin out of control and bonk his head on moon rocks!
- Features a spinning head, helmet, hover feet and posable joints
- Collect all 3 members of the hi-tech Orbitons tribe to build the totally cosmic MAX!
- Combine with 41535 LEGO® Mixels™ Boogly from the Glowkies tribe to create a fun new MIX!
- Go to LEGO.com/mixels for exclusive building instructions, games, animations and much more
- Watch all your favorite Mixels™ characters on Cartoon Network
- Stands over 2” (7cm) tall
- He was one of the first Series 4 Mixels revealed, and was also the first Orbiton revealed.
- He is very similar to Good Cop/Bad Cop, a character from The LEGO Movie, another LEGO theme, as they both have two split personalities that change by spinning their heads around, and they both have a tendency to argue with their own personalities. They both also have separate names for their personalities.
- His personalities, as well as others, treat his opposite personalities as separate entities.
- His jaw is placed much lower on his body in LEGO than on his animation model. This is likely because of his helmet getting in the way. Also, strangely, his jaw is black in his LEGO model while it is lime in the animated model.
- His jaw being black in his set is possibly because it was meant to be his body.
- Despite having a lower jaw, he has no visible mouth. Instead, his jaw simply moves up and down when he speaks.
- His spacesuit appears to be a separate article of clothing from his body. The white section of his spacesuit somewhat resembles a diaper, possibly in reference to Nurp being a baby.
- An early piece of fan art from a third grader posted by Miranda Dressler labeled him as "Satbingle"[ref], but was scribbled out and replaced with Nurp-Nuat. [sic]
- Naut has a Yiddish accent, a common stereotype of old men.
- Naut's name is continually misspelled as "Nuat", often by the people working on the show.
Behind the Scenes
Nurp-Naut's preliminary artwork showed his one larger eye. However, it is still used on the LEGO site, but not on the physical packaging.
Name and basis
Nurp-Naut's name is a pun on the word "astronaut".
He has a jetpack, and a space helmet, which are both similar to what real astronauts use.
Nurp-Naut was first revealed as a character in the Mixels franchise on July 24, 2014 at San Diego Comic-Con International. Both his LEGO set and cartoon artwork were shown. Alongside him were Burnard of the Infernites and Globert of the Glowkies.
Nurp-Naut debuted in the TV series on March 9, 2015 in Mixel Moon Madness, while his LEGO set officially became available on February 1 with the rest of Series 4.
- Main article: Nurp-Naut/Gallery
- Products page on LEGO.com
- Character page on LEGO.com
- Instructions on LEGO.com
- Murp with Boogly instructions on LEGO.com
- Orbitons Max instructions on LEGO.com
| Niksput / Nurp-Naut / Rokit / Astroy |
Orbitopia (Nurp-Naut's Room) / Mixels in SPAAAAACE!! Puzzle / Ship-Space / Crater Tots / Rokit Sauce / Oxy-Juice / Cupcake
|Mixels Series 4 (February 2015)|
| LEGO sets
Mixel Moon Madness (Only You Can Prevent Forest Freezes, Only You! / Houston, We Have a Problem! / Crater Tots! / Things That Go Murp in the Night! / Don't Pull the Gravity Plug! / Tall Tales From Da Moon!)