|Debut||Every Knight Has Its Day|
|Latest Appearance||Every Knight Has Its Day|
|Nicknames (aka)|| Old pal (Camillot)|
Boy (Gate Keeper)
|Special Features|| Golden wings|
|Likes|| His master|
Being away from Camillot
|Quote||"Yes, I have a complaint about those Mixies! Somebody needs to stop them!"|
|Voice Actor||Eric Bauza|
This one-eyed, flying-horse-type creature is the pet of Camillot. Paladum may not be the cleverest, but will fearlessly do anything to protect his master. You too are sure to fall in love with this ever-cheerful and loyal character.
Paladum has a grey, football-shaped body with gold pegasus wings and a tail that resembles a red flag. His grey neck has brown spikes. Leading towards it is a narrow, grey head with brown and grey accents on his cheeks and a nose. He has four rounded-off teeth; two on his golden jaw and two his upper jaw. His legs are gold with brown feet.
He has large golden wings that help him fly at will. He is also very speedy.
Little is known about Paladum's past. However, he became Camillot's pet at one point, and they formed a strong connection.
When Camillot and Mixadel were taken by the King of Mixelot to attend Mixopolis Middle School, Paladum lead the Royal Coach, with other horses pulling behind him. Camillot waved goodbye to him and told him he would miss him. As the carriage went away, Paladum got upset about having to leave his master, and escaped his harness. He headed back to the school and peered into the window of the other Medivals' Mixing 101 class while they were watching a video. Camillot noticed him and grew happy that his pet had returned.
Later on, Paladum tried to enter the Mixopolis Zoo while the class was on a field trip there, but the Gate Keeper wouldn't let him in; as ironically, no animals from outside were allowed to be in the zoo. A little bit after, Paladum tried again, and the Gate Keeper reaffirmed what he had said earlier until a Mixeloptor set loose by Mixadel scared him away. Paladum flew in and decided to distract a Mixeloptor to help the others. Camillot noticed him and this inspired the prince to mix with his class to defeat the Mixeloptors. Paladum was in two of these Mixes.
When everyone returned to the school, the King came to pick the three Medivals up. Paladum hooked back up to his harness and the carriage pulled away, heading back to the kingdom. ("Every Knight Has Its Day")
One day, Paladum and his tribemates sent a noise report to the MCPD over the Mixies not playing their music loud enough. After being threatened with arrest, the Mixies started to play louder, and all the tribes started to dance, closing the case. (“Mixopolis Music Mix-Up!”)
One day in Mixopolis, Paladum was with his tribemates and the MCPD. He had a cookironi that Mixadel wanted, so Mixadel launched a Nixel at him, making him drop it. He eventually collided with Busto, letting the two of them grab the cookironi in the end. (“Wild Cookironi Chase in Downtown Mixopolis!”)
|No. of Pieces||64|
The set includes a Nixel with a spear and normal expression. The spear can also be attached to Paladum.
LEGO Shop product description
Flap the golden wings of faithful Paladum!
This one-eyed, flying-horse-type creature is the pet of 41557 Camillot. Paladum may not be the cleverest, but will fearlessly do anything to protect its master. You too are sure to fall in love with this ever-cheerful and loyal character.
- Take care of loyal pet Paladum from the LEGO® MIXELS™ Medivals tribe!
- Paladum features a cyclops eye, opening mouth, posable golden wings, posable joints and a flag tail.
- Collect all 3 Medivals knights in LEGO® MIXELS™ Series 7 to build the MAX!
- Go to LEGO.com/MIXELS for exclusive building instructions, games, animations and much more.
- Watch all your favorite MIXELS™ characters on Cartoon Network.
- Stands over 2” (7cm) tall.
- His legs are gold in cartoon form, yet they are grey and brown in the LEGO model.
- He does not have an eyebrow in his static artwork and LEGO model, but he does in animation.
- He is the lead horse of the King's carriage.
- He has not yet actually spoken in the show, mostly making horse-like noises.
- Camillot seems to have known Paladum long before the events of Every Knight Has Its Day, as he calls him his "old pal".
- He is the only Mixel released in 2016 to include a Nixel without any special theme or new decoration.
Behind the Scenes
Name and basis
Paladum's name comes from the word "paladin", which was the title of a knight in King Charlemagne's court renowned for heroism and chivalry. His name also seems to be blended with the word "dumb", which refers to his intelligence.
He resembles a pegasus.
Paladum's concept art filmed in The Wonderful World of Mixels showed him with a unibrow over his eye; this was soon changed. His spear was also going to be on the front of his chest, rather than on the side of his body.
- Main article: Paladum/Gallery
Sources and References
- Products page on LEGO.com
- Character page on LEGO.com
- Instructions at LEGO.com
- Medivals Max instructions on LEGO.com
| King / Camillot / Mixadel / Paladum|
Castle / Royal Coach
|Mixels Series 7 (February 2016)|